The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my thoughts and experiences in life. My hope is that someday, I will compile the writings into a book, which I can share with my children and grandchildren.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
WWUD41?
What would you do for one? This was a question asked during a middle school Sunday school class. The idea is to break it down into simplest terms. God would have given His Son, even if the only one He saved was only one. As I was sitting in the class, kid after kid went up and wrote on the board, "my ipod", "soda pop", "my clothes". Someone in the back of the class laughs, and says, "please, please, keep your clothes". The list continued to go on. As I was thinking about this, I tried to imagine what I would be willing to give up? I tried to imagine one random person. Perhaps that random person is the checker in the supermarket, perhaps the person is a coworker that I don't get along with, or maybe a lady sitting at the bus stop. Maybe the one that God wants me to give everything up for, I have never even seen in my entire life. It is so easy to imagine that the one we would give up anything for is someone close to us that we love dearly. Let's get real, would I be willing to give up, "my dog, Calvin" for that random person. Would I hand over the keys to my car, and continue to pay out the remainder of the loan for that one person? Would I be willing to open up my home to save only one? How dedicated are we truly to His cause? If we aren't willing to give up our possessions, why would we ever be willing to give up our life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment