


I love our nation. I feel so blessed to live in the "land of the free". Last week, I was helping out at "Ants in your Pants", which is Vacation Bible School at our church. They put me in charge of crafts, which was a big mistake, because I never matured past kindergarten level in this area. Glue, glitter, markers, and paper were everywhere. One day, we made a patriotic craft and I decided to talk to the kids about the great country we live in. I told them that in some countries, people are forced to work in certain jobs, I tried to think really quick of a random job, "like, a tee-shirt maker", "Isn't that horrible kids, some people are forced to make tee-shirts, but not in our great nation, you can be whatever you want to be!" I went on to say, "you could be a doctor, or a teacher or anything your heart desires". Suddenly a little girl says, "but Teacher Coral, I want to be a tee-shirt maker", one by one, each of the kids began to chime in, "I want to be a tee-shirt maker too". My jaw dropped, then I continued, "in our great country, if you want to be a tee-shirt maker, you can be a tee-shirt maker, that is what is so great about being an American!" Maybe I will save my patriotic speeches for a different crowd, they weren't very impressed!
1 comment:
ha ha that is so funny.
Post a Comment