The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my thoughts and experiences in life. My hope is that someday, I will compile the writings into a book, which I can share with my children and grandchildren.
Monday, August 3, 2009
Day 100
We have hit day 100 of foster parenting. Wow! We have had one girl and five boys come through our home. One of the boys has been with us for 95 days. The program that we are doing is a therapeutic program, that gives counseling and behavior rehabilitation. I have learned so much over these past 100 days, but have been humbled at how much I don't know. On one hand, it seems pretty easy to feed, cloth and provide shelter for youth. On the other hand, it has been a reality check, that those things aren't the only thing we are called to provide for each youth. Having teenagers in the home is so foreign, and there has been so many times, that Jared and I have looked at each other and thought, we aren't equipped for this. We are learning the process of guarding our hearts and calling out to God for wisdom. We are learning that to love someone, sometimes you have to be tough and stand firm. We are learning, we are learning, we are learning! I am so thankful that the program is Christian based. The staff is in constant intercessory prayer, they are there to encourage us, and help us to step back and remind us of our purpose. The case manager that I work with gives the most incredible Biblical insight and stands on the Word of God, and I am strengthened by it. The past 100 days, has brought me to places I have never been before, has revealed things in myself that I had never seen, and has made me appreciate Jesus' life and ministry more than ever. Jesus loved the "unlovely" and He made it look so simple. We have so much to learn from Christ. I'd like to say it is simple and easy, but it isn't. Thank you for standing by us with prayer and petitions. In reality, that is where mountains are moved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment