Saturday, May 22, 2010

Exit Stage Right.

Several months ago I was on Facebook and someone posted a clip from the news. In summary, Planned Parenthood is wanting to put a set curriculum together for kids as young as age 11. The curriculum, which I won't go into detail was very inappropriate. It started a dialogue between a large set of Christian parents. Comment after comment, Christian parents said things like, "I'm going to pull my kids out of public school", "I am going to home school", "We are enslaving our kids to society if we let our kids go to public school". The comments went on and on. STOP! Have Christians gone mad?!? (I am talking about crazy mad). Has anyone stopped and thought, "I have a voice", "I am going to talk to my child's teachers, principal, superintendent, this is not appropriate", "I am going to speak out for what I feel is right", "I am going to volunteer at my child's school, being actively involved, making a difference in the children and in the decision's made". There was about 40 comments, but not one said, "I will not allow this. I will make a difference". If you go to a school and voice your concerns and you get other parents to join in with you, YOU will change what society teaches our children. You don't have to be enslaved by society by sending your children to public schools. You can shape society into the world that you want! If you pull your kids from school and wash your hands of it, you make no difference! You have bowed out on the stage of life. The stage that God has called us to SHINE on. Yes, you may shelter your children for a little while, but as soon as they leave your care, they will be thrown into the world that you had no part in improving.

2 comments:

Kramer Family said...

The sad thing though is public schools don't have the solution that we as Christians do!

To many people expect the schools to raise their children. No matter Christian, public or home school, parents need to be involve and communicate.

Like I said before we as Christians do have the solution and it's awesome to get to teach our children the correct way and how God works! Very sad to see society and planned parenthood turn what God has created to be such a wonderful and beautiful thing into perverse, deceit, selfishness, and the list goes on.

So no matter where children attend we more then anything need to voice what God talks about to our kids so that they can handle this world.

Society may not care or listen but our children will!

Robe said...

Nice! I would have to agree - If we as Christians run and hide, what is that going to accomplish? The rest of the families out there are sinking further in to the teaching of the secular world. We are here to do God's work, not run and hide!