Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh, how things have changed.


Jared and I get a kick out of how much things have changed since 2003 in buying a house. We are pre-approved for a home, but I got a kick out of what they are requiring us to submit. Here are a few final questions:
1)What are your children's ages?
2)Coral needs to explain in detail the gap in employment history.
3)Coral needs to submit a resume.
4)W-2s for 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
Okay, first off, asking about our children's ages??? I think that might be discrimination. If they don't like the ages of our children, will they turn us down for a loan? Second, the gap in my employment was one year, which they would need to refer to question one for explanation. Third, a resume??? Am I applying for a home loan or a job? What's next, an interview? Are they going to call my manager and freak him out that I am applying for other employment? Fourth, 4 years of W-2's, wowie! I am lucky if I can find last year's pay stub....(just kidding, in case you are going to give me a lecture about possible audits).
Boy, oh boy, how things have changed!

1 comment:

Elsie said...

Yikes that's crazy! Of course I've heard that they've really buckled down on home loans... but those questions seem a little over the top. haha good luck!