Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Grateful Heart.

With Thanksgiving approaching, I want to share a story about "A Grateful Heart". A lady that I was working with had a small amount of debt, but didn't have very much to pay. She faithfully made her payments, until the very last bill was due. She called me in panic, because she was unable to pay the remaining $15.00, due to her small income and basic expenses in the community. I said, "You have been so great to always make your payments. I will just waive the remaining $15.00." At that moment, she began to cry. She was in disbelief that I would do something that kind for her. She was so very thankful. This touched my heart.
I am going to be honest, my line of work can really weigh on my shoulders at times. My employer gives to people in our community, and you would think that people would be so very grateful, but they aren't. They are upset that we aren't doing more. I see fraud, broken promises, corruption on a moment to moment basis.
Yet one lady, that has nothing, was pardoned $15.00 and it brought her to tears in gratefulness. It is moments like that, which I hold dearly to my heart and keeps me encouraged to carry on.

No comments: