
"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart." Ecclesiastes 7:2
We were saddened to get the news that my Grandpa Kramer passed away last week. His wife passed away last summer, and after 68 years of marriage, he looked forward to the day that he would get to see her again. My Grandpa was only 90 years old, which to some, is a long life, but to me, I expected to see both my Grandpa and Grandma Kramer live into their 100s.
The Sunday before my Grandpa passed away, the pastor at our church shared with us Ecclesiastes 7:2. It really got me to thinking about the life of my Grandpa and Grandma. Since last summer, I have thought more about my marriage, my goals, my retirement, and the legacy that hopefully someday I will leave. My Grandpa and Grandma lived such a full and rich life. They were steadfast and loved God with all their heart. Their love and dedication for Christ was passed down through each of their sons, and their grandchildren and now onto their great grandchildren. It reminds me that one life, can mold generations to come, by simply being obedient and choosing to follow Christ.
I cannot tell you how big of a loss it is to our family to lose such amazing examples, but in their death, I am also reminded that their legacy will carry on. I am so very thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment