
I have been blogging for about four years. If you look at this particular blog, it will bring you back to 2008. My earlier blogs were deleted. The humor about blogging is that I actually despise the idea of blogging.
One day, while watching TV, the "Green Arrow" said a quote regarding the fact that in today's generation, we have raised more arm chair blogging critics than actual leaders. I think that this hits part of my feelings about the idea of blogging. There have been so many times that I have thought about shutting this blogspot down, but Jared has encouraged me to keep it going.
So, why do I blog if I hate the idea so much? I do not blog in order for others to learn from me. I do not claim to have the answers to the questions that you are hanging on the edge of your seat to know. I do not blog to impress my friends or family as to what is going on in my life.
The reason I blog is this....
"A Testimony Being Written." Late at night, when the kids are tucked away in bed, and I am worn out, I like to document what is going on in my life. In a sense, it is my personal diary. I can document how I feel about life and what exactly is going on. Often times, I turn on worship music, most of the time, Nichole Nordeman, because I feel the words she sings are straight from my heart. When I am worn out and exhausted and feel that I cannot give any more, it is during my blogging moments that I start to feel renewed and rejuvenated. It is as if my empty cup is being filled up to overflowing.
So, you may ask....okay then, why don't you just write this in a journal? Well, by having my photos or diary online, if there was ever a fire or if something happened to my personal belongings, then I have a back up stored that I can get to through any computer. In a sense, I can recover the photos that I love. I also post pictures so that those that are states away, can watch my kids grow, and in a sense, be closer to them.
One of the things I love to do with this blogspot is hit the "older posts" tab. I can scan back to where I was, one, two or more years ago. I realize that some of my hardest times got better. I can see how my little babies have begun to grow. When I feel like I don't have faith in facing my current situation, I can scan through my past situations and realize that every single time, God has provided and protected.
Revelation 12:11 "They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony..."
1 comment:
I like it Coral - I don't check on my blog feeds very often, but I did read this one and that's as good a reason to blog as any other!
Looking forward to catching up for a bit on Saturday (18th)
PS- We've scheduled in a couple hours for Salem if that's okay with you guys :) -I tried the 20 minute visit in October and that failed miserably! (A failure I'm very okay with :)
Post a Comment