Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Eyes.


One of the qualities that I want to develop in myself, is the ability to see the beauty in everything. This quality is something that photographers and artists sometimes have. They can take a picture of trash and make it look beautiful and desired. When they are on a hike, they are marveling at every branch, flower, rock, shadow... When I am on a hike, I am usually driven to make it to the top of the mountain without slowing my pace.
In developing this talent, when I find myself rushed and not appreciative of my surroundings, I am beginning to look around and try and see the beauty that is truly there. There really is so much beauty to be thankful for.
When I was sitting in an office last week, I noticed the following quote on the wall. I thought it fit perfectly with how I have been feeling about this rare talent.
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." -Marcel Proust

No comments: