
"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me." 1 Corinthians 13:11
A few weeks ago, the Lord welcomed me to "Be Still". He is continuing to call me to do that at this time. I have had a chance to really look at my life and who I am. One of the things that was brought to mind is 1 Corinthians 13:11. In my generation, so many, including myself are trying to hang onto youth with both hands holding tight. I see friends that are in their 30s-50s+ that want to go out and party with their friends. They post pictures of their wild and crazy life on facebook. They dress like they are in high school and they try and pretend that no time has gone by since they were a child. They have children, but they leave their children with the sitters or they just abandon their children with their own parents. Grandparents are left raising their grandchildren, because the true parent doesn't want to grow up and take on the responsibility of being mommy or daddy.
There is a weird switch that has taken place in our society. The children are being dressed up in adult clothing, watching adult movies, having to learn the hard lessons of life, so early on. I sometimes call this world, "Upside down world", because a child can no longer be a child and an adult no longer is behaving like an adult.
Now don't get me wrong, I think as adults we need to seek out adventures and live life to the fullest. Every now and then, going out with your friends is very healthy. Jared and I always want to be young at heart. We want to go hiking, swimming, we want to laugh often and enjoy life, but not at the expense of our children.
God has really revealed parts of my life that I have continued to act and think like a child. I have been encouraged to become the woman that He wants me to be. He has shown me ways to stay grounded in what is really important in life. Maybe one of these days, I will share more of the exacts....
No comments:
Post a Comment