Saturday, July 30, 2011

Making my List, Checking it Twice.



About four years ago, I wrote down a list for myself. I got down to the nitty gritty of what I want most in life. In a sense, this list has been my mission statement. When I originally wrote this list, I didn't realize how much it could really help me in living out my daily life.

The accomplishments I want for my life... (not in order of importance)
1) To stay fit by eating healthy and exercising regularly.
2) To grow in Christ by studying the word, staying involved in church and ministry.
3) To have friends that help push me to be the best I can be.
4) To be financially wise. To be debt free and be able to use my money to help others.
5) To raise my kids to fully understand the love of God.
6) "Love Never Fails". That I would do everything within my power and the power of God to make my marriage a success.

The paper I started my list on was white, and now it has turned yellow and faded. When I am stressed out and I am having a hard time making a decision. When I am weary from worrying, I compare my troubles with this list. If the thing I am troubled about is not related to the items on this list or if the thing in my life is causing me to not be successful at something on my list, it has to go. In a sense, I feel I am required to drop it from my worries. Of course, the only way to do this is to call out to God for release, and He tenderly and graciously lifts my burden. It brings me back into the right perspective about my life. My hearts desire is that I would stay on target to the end.

No comments: