Sunday, November 20, 2011

Finding Beauty in the Simplest Things.

I admire people who see beauty in the simplest things. Those that choose to look at the positive, when all others see the negative. For me, it has to be a constant effort to remind myself to look at the best and to be thankful for what I already have. I suppose that is why I am drawn towards certain blogs. I have posted a few of the blogs I enjoy to the right and continue each day to find more that can be inspiration. I am still reading books, mainly ones that are connected through our small group studies, but there is so much new, raw talent in the blog world.


{This is an example of how someone used practical things around her house to remind her of the things she is thankful for. Katelyn and I are going to make one for our table to be a reminder of what God has blessed us with. If you look close, she took copies of pictures with family and friends on them and hung them on the branches. She also took pretty paper and wrote down words with what God has blessed her with. from SugarPieFarmhouse}


The majority of the blogs are based around decorations. They take items that you can find at a junk yard, Goodwill, outdoors, etc. and have decorated their home. I look around my house at times and although I am so very thankful and I feel completely at home, sometimes I would love to do it up fancier. I have left my home very plain, because I keep thinking that I need to spend tons of money to make our home look nice, when many of the sites I have gone to have taken items from the dollar store or the grocery store and made their homes look one of a kind and beautiful. Here are a few examples....


{How cute is this? I think I can make an identical one with what I already have sitting around the house. from AtthePicketFence}


{Beans cost less than a buck at your grocery store. I can do this. -
from AthePicketFence}


{An old picture frame you no longer use, black construction paper. Genius! from AthePicketFence}


{I love Lavender! I see this kind of old lawn furniture being thrown out at garage sales all the time. The antique vases are at every Goodwill in town. Once again, taking simple, unwanted things and finding beauty in them. from DreamyWhites}

There are so many other wonderful ideas out there and it gets my creative juices flowing. I think the idea is to take any item in the house and see if you can make it one of a kind and beautiful.

No comments: