The purpose of this blog is to chronicle my thoughts and experiences in life. My hope is that someday, I will compile the writings into a book, which I can share with my children and grandchildren.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Year Ten-Phase 3
Jared and I got married on March 2, 2002. The weather had been cold and rainy all Winter, but on the morning of March 2nd, the sun came out and the temperature raised to about 70 degrees in Woodinville, Washington. Everything about our wedding came together easily. The only thing that didn't come out as planned was my flowers (it was as if they mixed my flowers up with someone else, because they were nothing like what I ordered). We got married at 7 at night after the sun had gone down. All of our friends and family were there for the event. By the time we left the church, it was about 10pm and we hustled off in Jared' Land Rover up to La Connor, Washington (which was about 2 hours away?)to stay in a beautiful hotel called the Channel Lodge the first night. The daffodils were in full bloom across the fields.
We woke up the next morning and headed into Canada to stay at Harrison Hot Springs, which was a beautiful resort. The weather was freezing up there, the coldest I have ever been in. As the waves would come over the dock, the water would freeze. You had to blink, because if you kept your eyes open too long it made the water in your eyes feel like they were freezing.
We had the hotel to ourselves, being the off season. We stayed in the Executive Suite, which was the same square footage as our current house. We stayed the entire week for only $500.
One memory I remember distinctly, is when we were on our honeymoon, we got into a terrible argument. So bad, that for almost an entire day, we couldn't stand to be around each other. I remember at the time, having a sudden fear that maybe we had made a mistake in getting married. Maybe we weren't truly meant for eachother. In all the fairytales, you never see the princess heading off on their honeymoon and suddenly getting in a big fight with her prince. I remember thinking that this couldn't be right. I am so thankful that Jared and I chose to work things out and quickly.
One of the qualities that we have had in our marriage is that we are quick to forgive and make things right. We worked things out and continued on our honeymoon having wonderful memories that I cherish to this day.
To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment