
The last couple days I have started to think about my future, the distant future, the way I want to end up. It has been engraved in all of us that we need to prepare financially for our future, put money away now, but money isn't everything in life, so why do so many of us not prepare for the rest of our future.
This is what I have began to think about...
When I am toward the end of my life, I want to be so full of joy. I want the things that come out of my mouth to uplift and motivate people. I want my grandchildren and children to feel refreshed when they are around me. I want to praise God with every ounce of my body and not hold on to bitterness throughout the years.
I want to be physically in shape. I want to stay involved in sports and excersing, so that when I am into the late years of my life, I am still capable of getting around just fine. If you were to peek in my window everyday, you would see me singing and dancing in the most silly way. I want to have healthy eating habits that will help me to live out as many days as possible.
I want to write a book in my life, not sure yet what it should be about, Lord willing God will give me something really exciting to write about. I want to continue to learn everything that I can. I don't want to become complacent with the things I already know.
I want Jared and I to be so madly in love, that we are best friends, that we can spend 24/7 together and be as happy and content as can be. That we will laugh all throughout the day, grow to have an equal understanding and respect for eachother. That we will be a team that wishes the best for eachother.
I want to be able to go on walks with my grandchildren and children and still see all the wonder and beauty that God has in creation. That I will be able to see the miracles in even the simplest things in life.
I want to stay actively involved in the church and be able to be there to help support those that are younger, giving them encouragement in their journey through life.
When I die, after over 75 years of marriage and over 100 years of life, I want to know that I always glorified God, that I followed Him all the days of my life with all of my heart, and I helped those around me to know the great quality of life that God alone could bring.
So, there you have it, this is what I have so far on my non-money related retirement plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment