Over the past few weeks, I have heard several things about the Presidential Elect- Barack Obama and whether or not it was God's will for him to get into office. I know of many that have become offended if someone says that it was out of God's will. I have thought about this, and I believe that many of us actually have the same view, but it has been "lost in translation" or a misunderstanding of the word "will".
There is one definition for will, which translates to desire. The other definition of will is to have control. (I even went to dictionary.com, and will #1 is desire, will #2 is to have control)
So, why does this matter? Some people hear a pastor say, "It was not the will of God for Obama to be President." This will just means, this was not God's desire. I agree with that. God desire's for our nation is to respect life, which Obama doesn't do, approving of 50 million babies being murdered. He doesn't respect the life of the Iraqi's, because he is wanting us to desert them in their time of need. He supports gay marriage, which God is completely against. The list goes on. When American's were asked what issue they care about most, it was the economy, in other words, money. The fact that Obama is more concerned about money, then life shows his heart.
Now, other people hear the phrase, "It was not the will of God for Obama to be President." and in hearing that, they are thinking that someone is saying that it was out of God's control, that God had a plan, and He lost control, and it didn't happen right. To that, rightly so, someone should be offended. God always has control! Not for one second did He lose it.
God gave us free will (there is that word again). We were able to elect the Predident that we wanted, that we saw fit. Heaven knows that sometimes we make the worst decisions. If you listen to my life's testimony, you can surely see that I have made bad decisions that I had to learn the hard way. This may be the case with our nation as well.
The beauty of God's love is that He can turn our mistakes into something beautiful that in the end will give Him glory. In the book of Daniel, it say that, "God sets up Kings and disposes of them..." When I initially read this, I thought, it sounded kind of mean, as if God was using them. This isn't so. It has come to encourage me that God puts men into place to fulfill His glory, and His glory alone. (Even if they aren't intending or knowing that they are bringing Him glory). When that time is done, they are done. This can be found all throughout history.
In Iraq, there is a town that has recently been formed. Within this town, there is 25,000 Christians, and 500 Christian guards protecting them. In recent news, Islamic militants put an ad in the local paper saying that Christians must get out now, or they will die. Already innocent blood has been shed. The Christians stand strong, and in fact, more are coming to know God as their Savior.
In Iran, there was a vote that was made, that if anyone left the Islamic Religion and became a Christian, if it was a man, he would be put to death, if it was a women, she would spend the rest of her life in prison. This vote has recently gone to the person that makes the final decision. Here is the interesting part, 100,000 have recently come to Christ anyway! Amazing!
This tells me that God is in complete control. No matter who is governing, who is terrorizing, who is bullying, GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL! He will always have the glory.
Instead of focusing on all the bad that we may see, I am choosing to focus on all the glory that will be shown! God is so amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment