Thursday, November 20, 2008

Let us go...

“I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD” Psalms 122:1
Jared and I share a passion. We absolutely love going to church and being involved. Church has always become our second home. At times it feels like we are spending more time at church then our actual house.
When we lived in Olympia, we attended Evergreen Christian Community. We always had a great time with so many of our friends there. Katelyn had best friends, like Ezra, Mia and Jordan that she still talks about to this day. The last time we were at Evergreen, when visiting, Katelyn was so excited that she would run up to the people she knew and would just jump up and down. She didn't have words to express her excitement. When God brought us down to our new home, it was so hard at first. We just sat there wondering, "Why?", questions would come to mind, "Things were so good at Olympia, why would God move us?" For months, this question always came to mind. Then, one day, God revealed to me that we aren't supposed to leave churches because we are upset or not happy. If God moves us, he wants us to have pleasant memories. I am reminded of Paul and the church in Philippi, he writes at one point, "I thank my God whenever I remember you." It was brought to my attention that, to God, our time in Olympia came to a perfect close, just the way God wanted it. He wants us to remember that we have a wonderful church family, that will always be there to love and support us. Imagine if everyone could sense the Spirit of Unity, the world wouldn't seem so big and we could all look out for each other more.
When we were at Evergreen, I would look across the congregation. It wouldn't just be people. Each face would have a name and an individual story. When we first started attending our new church, I looked across the crowd and it was a blank sheet. I didn't know any ones name, let alone what their stories were. Then God let me know something, He showed me that even though our new church seemed so foreign, that one day, I would look across the congregation and I would say, "Hey, that is Mary, she has two kids that are Katelyn's age..." or "That is Mark, he works at the local Starbucks..." (not really).
You know what, God is so faithful to follow thru. Now, I look across the congregation and it is like a puzzle that is slowly being put together. Now, Katelyn, when she sees her buddies, she jumps up and down in joy. She has buddies in the youth group, and buddies in the college group too. Jared and I are getting to know some amazing people, that love God so much and live a life of character.
It is so reassuring knowing that there are so many quality people that make up the Church. I am beginning to understand why God loves His church, His bride, so much. I think it will be something He will continue to reveal throughout my life.

No comments: