
Okay, so Katelyn isn't starting school until 2010, but this has been a little bit of a concern on my mind. Where am I going to send her??? The area we live now is one of the worst schools in Oregon. I think the HS was rated one of the most dangerous. Nice! Plus, the elementary school is very far behind. There are more Spanish speaking children than those that speak English, but they are requiring that the Spanish speaking students learn ASAP, so the English speaking students are falling behind academically. The other thing is that the children in the area are more concerned about eating than learning. It is so very sad.
So, what does that mean for Katelyn? Since, the schools in the area are so far behind, you can choose to send your kid to a better school in the community. That way, everyone has the same opportunities. Jared and I have looked at the schools in the area, and have spoken with teachers, and looked up how each school rates. We have found the school we want to send Katelyn. I included a picture. I won't mention the name of it, because I don't want freaky people showing up. :) We feel really good about this school. It is actually K-8th grade. Also, the classes are broken up into 3 year increments, which they say is great, because the teacher will figure out the child in the first year, then be able to focus on what works best for the individual child the following years. This is crazy, but there is actually a waiting list to get into this school, so in the next couple of months, I will need to register her, even though it is over a year away!
Of course, if the Lord directs us in a different direction, we will go, but for now, I feel a little...no, a lot more at ease about her heading off to school to be a big girl!
1 comment:
Is this a public school?
Post a Comment