Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A few things for this year.


When I tell you the things that are on my New Year's Resolution list, you are going to think that I am completely not original in any sense. In fact, when I had this epiphany, in my mind it was as if I saw the light, but when I vocalize it into words, it just seems so mundane. Oh well, it works for me. Here is a few things I intend to do in 2012:
Purposeful. See I told you it wasn't original, in fact, it is several years behind "The Purpose Driven Life" bandwagon. That is exactly what I feel called to work on this year though. The problem with 2011 was that it slipped away without me even noticing it. I didn't visit with the friends I wanted to visit with, I didn't eat the foods I wanted to eat, I didn't save as much as I wanted to save, accomplish the projects that I wanted to accomplish. The list goes on.
To break it down into smaller sections, I've had to figure out howto make more of my life purposeful. Some ideas that will be implemented is:
1. Mark my calendar, plan dinners with friends and family. Don't just say, "Hey, we need to get together." Actually set a date and plan on it.
2. Jared and I spend a lot of time and energy on people that don't make a similar effort for us. If I were to play a song as I write this, it would be "I'll start walking your way, you start walking mine, well meet in the middle beneath the old Georgia pine." We are done with always being the one to call a friend and they don't call us. We are done taking the time to visit with someone and they don't have the most basic respect to put down their phone long enough to actually engage in a conversation with us. We are tired of showing up early to meet up with someone and they are late every time to see us. We plan on refocusing our energy on people who actually want to meet in the middle.
3. I plan to shop in the outer aisles of the grocery store. The breads, meats, dairy, produce, etc. and stay away from the middle aisles, because not only are they a waste of money, but also don't have as healthy of options.
4. I plan to be more purposeful in my finances and where my money is going.
5. I want to make sure that I make each moment count with my husband and kids. To give my all, and all throughout the day, pray that God would fill my cup.
6. I want to do some things that are CRAZY, just to make sure that I am not getting old and boring.
Okay, okay, so these are completely random. There is a lot of them, but at the end of the year, if I can accomplish even 10%, then I will think it was worth it.

No comments: