Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My Creative Lady.


While going on a walk with Katelyn and Titus. Katelyn began to pick up pine cones, leaves and sticks. If you know Katelyn, she is a little collector. For example, one day she filled her pockets full of acorns. When we got home, she set them in her jewelry box and the intention was to feed them to Buster the squirrel. The problem is that within a few days, her large stash of wet acorns began to mold in her jewelry box. Nice, huh? Katelyn also has a full drawer of rocks and another drawer filled with sea shells (until recently, I had her decorate our coffee table with them).

On the walk she turned and said to me, "I am going to make mice out of these". Sure enough, we got home and she got busy, cutting, pasting, drawing and this is what she ended up with. I have to say, they really do look like mice, don't they? Katelyn has a natural talent of taking things that you find outside and making it special. I love that quality about her.

1 comment:

Kramers said...

Those are adorable! She is one talented artist!