Titus has been sick over the past week. A few days ago I made the comment, "It makes me happy when you are better. I like to see you healthy." When I said that to him, I was meaning that I want him to be healthy, and I feel bad for him when he is sick. What mom wouldn't want their poor baby boy to be healthy? Titus really took this to heart. When I got home from work today, he was waking up from a late nap and was feeling really sick to his stomach. He looked at me with puppy dog eyes and tears streaming down his cheeks. He said to me, "I am trying so hard to be tough mommy, because I want you to be happy, but it is so hard. I am not tough, my stomach hurts." It broke my heart that he misunderstood what I said. I went on to love on him and tell him how I think he is tough whether he is sick or healthy and that he is one tough boy to be able to make through being sick. I told him how proud of him I was. It just leaves me in awe how much he wanted to make me happy and that a little three year old can be mindful of my feelings.
I try really hard to make sure to get quality time in with the kids, since I have to be at work during the day. Katelyn is really needing some one on one girl time, so we are going to plan a girl event. We are going to go pick out green nail polish (St. Patty's Day is coming up) and shop at the stores tomorrow. She wanted me to snuggle with her before she went to sleep and as I was laying with her, she thought of a brilliant idea. She said, "Mommy, how about instead of going to work each day, you just sit at home and they can send you pay checks." Brilliant right? I just need to find that job.....
Love my kids!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment